The International Association for Research in Income and Wealth (IARIW), in partnership with ESCoE, is hosting a conference on the measurement of intangible investments and their implications for growth and productivity at King’s College London, June 24-25, 2021.
Papers are invited that contribute to discussions of measurement of intangible assets and investment in intangibles:
- At the aggregate, sector and firm level
- Inclusion in National Accounts
- Depreciation and deflators
- Spillovers and complementarities in production
- Difficulties due to globalization
- Social versus private values
- Survey methods for data collection
- Reporting standards and transparency
And to discussions of emerging intangibles:
- Public sector, including health and education
- Human Capital
- Artificial Intelligence and Data
- Networks and Platforms
- Open Source software
We particularly encourage papers that make use of Big Data to improve measures of intangible capital. We also welcome papers that address these themes in the light of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Persons interested in presenting a paper at the conference are invited to submit a proposal (maximum 1,000 words) by October 31, 2020. To submit a proposal, please use this link.
We also welcome proposals for panel discussion sessions. Please make these out to email@example.com, noting IARIW-ESCoE in the email header.
Decisions on accepted proposals will be made by December 15, 2020. The deadline for the submission of full papers to the IARIW secretariat for posting on the IARIW website is May 31, 2021.
Selected papers from this conference will be published in a supplementary issue of the Review of Income and Wealth (RIW). The deadline for papers to be considered for this issue of the RIW is September 30, 2021.