The Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence (ESCoE) is holding a series of webinars to disseminate some of the latest research on measuring the economy during the Covid-19 pandemic.
We have completed the current series. Check back later this summer for details of a new series planned for Autumn 2020.
- 23 July 2020 – By Juan Mateos Garcia (Nesta) ‘Measuring the economic impact of COVID-19 in the UK with business website data’. Download Juan’s slides here.
- 9 July 2020 – By Vasco Carvalho (University of Cambridge) ‘Tracking the covid-19 crisis with high-resolution transaction data’. Download Vasco’s slides here.
- 25 June 2020 – By Thomas Crossley (European University Institute) ‘The Understanding Society Covid-19 Web Survey’. Download Thomas’ slides here.
- 11 June 2020 – By Pawel Adrjan (Indeed) ‘What can online data tell us about the labour market?‘. Download Pawel’s slides here.
- 28 May 2020 – By Kevin Fox (University of New South Wales) ‘Measuring Real Consumption and CPI Bias under Lockdown Conditions’.
- 14 May 2020 – By Jonathan Athow (Office for National Statistics) ‘Meeting the challenge of measuring the economy through the Covid-19 pandemic‘.