Call for papers: Deadline 16 January 2021
The Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence (ESCoE) will hold its annual conference, organised in partnership with the UK Office for National Statistics (ONS), as a virtual event on 11-13 May 2021.
Katharine Abraham (University of Maryland)
Richard Blundell (University College London)
Paul Schreyer (OECD)
We invite submissions of papers on all aspects of the measurement and use of economic statistics. We are particularly interested in submissions related to the themes
- Measuring Productivity, Capital, Trade and the Labour Market
- Measuring Innovation, Inequality, Digital Economy and Welfare
- Measuring Output and Prices (including nowcasting models and use of alternative data sources)
- Methods (including data science and machine learning)
- Economic statistics in practice (aimed at the producers of statistics)
Please submit full papers for themes 1-4. Abstract only submissions will be permitted for theme 5 only. We also welcome proposals for Special Sessions of up to three papers.
To submit to the conference, please click here to access the Conference Maker website. You will need to create an account if you do not already have one.
The deadline for all submissions is 16 January 2021. Decisions will be made soon after the deadline.
The conference will be free to attend.
Scientific Committee Chairs:
Ana Beatriz Galvão (University of Warwick and ESCoE)
Gary Koop (University of Strathclyde and ESCoE)
Sanjiv Mahajan (ONS)
Submissions will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and guest reviewers from ESCoE and ONS.