The Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence (ESCoE) will hold its annual conference, organised in partnership with the UK Office for National Statistics (ONS), as a virtual event on 11-13 May 2021.
Katharine Abraham (University of Maryland)
Richard Blundell (University College London)
Paul Schreyer (OECD)
The conference is a meeting place for discussing recent research advances in economic measurement and statistics. The programme includes papers on many aspects of the measurement and use of economic statistics, focusing on the following:
- Measuring Productivity, Capital, Trade and the Labour Market
- Measuring Innovation, Inequality, Digital Economy and Welfare
- Measuring Output and Prices (including nowcasting models and use of alternative data sources)
- Methods (including data science and machine learning)
- Economic statistics in practice (aimed at the producers of statistics)
The conference will be free to attend.
The draft conference programme will be published when registration opens.
The deadline for all paper and session submissions was 16 January 2021. Submissions were reviewed by the Scientific Committee and guest reviewers from ESCoE and ONS.
Scientific Committee Chairs:
Ana Beatriz Galvão (University of Warwick and ESCoE)
Gary Koop (University of Strathclyde and ESCoE)
Sanjiv Mahajan (ONS)