The Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence (ESCoE) will hold its annual Conference, organised in partnership with the UK Office for National Statistics (ONS), at the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow 25-27 May 2022. This is an in-person event.
The conference is a meeting place for discussing recent research advances in economic measurement and statistics. The programme includes papers on many aspects of measurement and the use of economic statistics, focusing on the following themes:
- Measurement of Productivity, Capital, Prices, Output and the Labour Market
- Measurement of Innovation and the Digital Economy
- Analysis of Broad Welfare Concepts, Environmental Sustainability and Energy Markets
- Analysis of Inequality across Individuals, Neighbourhoods and Regions
- Analysis of the Economic Effects of COVID-19 and Policies related to the Pandemic
- Economic Statistics in Practice (aimed at the Producers of Statistics)
- Sir Charles Bean (London School of Economics)
- Chiara Criscuolo (OECD and London School of Economics)
- Michael Pollitt (Judge Business School, University of Cambridge)
Scientific Committee Co-Chairs
- Gary Koop (University of Strathclyde and ESCoE)
- Bart Los (University of Groningen and ESCoE)
- Sanjiv Mahajan (ONS)
REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED.
We will make every effort to minimise changes to the programme, but it will remain subject to change at any time prior to the conference. Please ensure you allow for changes to the programme when making your travel arrangements.
The conference will take place at the University of Strathclyde, Technology and Innovation Centre (TIC), 99 George Street, Glasgow G1 1RD. For nearby hotels, please click here.
The Royal Economic Society (RES) are supporting the conference, and invite their members (especially PhD students) to apply to their Conference Grant Scheme for up to £500 travel expenses and / or accommodation expenses, please click here.
The conference dinner will take place at The Old Fruitmarket, Glasgow, on Wednesday 25 May 2022.
ONS Renaissance Prize
The winning candidate of this year’s ONS Renaissance Prize will win a slot for their poster at the conference.
ONS Economic Forum
As part of the lead-up to the conference, ONS are holding an in-person Economic Forum in Glasgow at the University of Strathclyde, Technology and Innovation Centre (TIC), 99 George Street, Glasgow G1 1RD on 24 May 2022. For further information and to register please click here.
We will be following the Scottish Government COVID-19 guidelines. To view the current guidelines please click here.
To contact us with any queries you may have, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you.