The Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence (ESCoE) will hold its annual conference, organised in partnership with the UK Office for National Statistics (ONS), on 17-19 May 2023 at King’s Business School, King’s College London.
- Professor Diane Coyle (University of Cambridge)
- Professor David Miles (Imperial College London)
- Professor Javier Miranda (IWH and Friedrich-Schiller University)
We invite submissions of papers on all aspects of the measurement and use of economic statistics. We are particularly interested in submissions related to the areas:
- Inclusive Wealth Measures and Looking Beyond GDP;
- National Accounts (measurement issues regarding Prices, International Trade, Foreign Direct Investment);
- Net-Zero, Climate Change and the Environment;
- Subnational Statistics;
- Productivity and Innovation;
- Labour Markets, Households and Inequality.
We especially welcome contributions using new methods (such as machine learning) and new sources of data (e.g. web-scraped information or time use data).
To submit a full paper or an extended abstract (minimum 800 words, including a discussion of key results) please click here. We also welcome proposals for Special Sessions of up to three papers as well as Panel Sessions. Please click here to submit a proposal. For suggestions on drafting an extended abstract please click here.
The deadline for all submissions is 23:59 GMT, 16 January 2023. Decisions will be made soon after the deadline.
The conference will be free to attend and will be held in person.
Scientific Committee Chairs:
Bart Los (University of Groningen and ESCoE)
Mary O’Mahony (King’s College London and ESCoE)
Arthur Turrell (Data Science Campus, ONS)
Submissions will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and guest reviewers from ESCoE and ONS.
The programme of the 2022 ESCoE Conference on Economic Measurement can be found here.