The Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence (ESCoE) is an independent research centre funded primarily by the Office for National Statistics (ONS). The Centre conducts research that addresses the challenges of measuring the modern economy and provides an environment for the development of a wider research community with skills and research experience in economic measurement. The Centre is hosted by the National Institute of Economic Research (NIESR) and is delivered in close collaboration with its many partner institutions, including the University of Cambridge, King’s College London, Nesta, the University of Strathclyde and Warwick Business School.
The Office Administrator provides support to the ESCoE Operations Director, ESCoE Director (at King’s College London) and ESCoE Communications Manager in relation to all the main areas of the Centre’s work. Primary responsibilities are to provide the day-to-day administration of Centre activities including meeting scheduling and committee support, managing the ESCoE email accounts, editorial support for the ESCoE publication series and providing support for the delivery of all ESCoE events.
Working hours: 21 hours per week (over 3 days), approximately one day per week in the office.
Location: SW1P 3HE.
Salary: £26,000 pro rata per annum
Benefits: 30 days holiday (pro rata), L&G pension
The essential requirements we are looking for in the successful candidate are:
- Strong organisational, prioritisation and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Be able to work accurately under pressure, independently with limited guidance and as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to liaise effectively with all levels of staff.
- Flexible, resilient, and comfortable working within a changing environment with a willingness to initiative/embrace/implement process improvements.
- Ability to think on your feet combined with practical problem-solving skills.
- A proactive, self-starting, and enthusiastic nature with the ability to drive work forward to completion.
- Excellent record keeping skills, a high degree of accuracy in your work and the proven ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, warm, professional and confident manner.
- Sound knowledge of Sharepoint, Microsoft Office and platforms such as Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Zoom and Teams.
The following are required of all roles with the organisation.
- An understanding of and commitment to Diversity & Equality.
- Willingness and ability to work hours outside of normal office hours on occasion (time off in lieu will be granted).
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements.
To apply for this role, please send full CV and a supporting statement of no more than 1500 words setting how you meet the essential requirements outlined above. Please number each point and address these one at a time to ensure that we are able to fully consider how your experience, skills and abilities meet the needs of the post. Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details of the role.
Applications should be sent to Louise Hodgson via email: email@example.com. In your application, please include the following:
- Where you saw the advert.
- Approximate start date.
- Details of two referees. NIESR may seek references prior to interview, so should you not wish us to contact any of your referees in advance, please make this clear.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 24 April 2022.
Interviews will be held on the week commencing 2 May 2022.