This page provides quarterly estimates ‘nowcasts’ of regional economic growth in the UK. Excel files with estimates of regional growth are updated periodically as new data are released. These estimates have been produced as part of an ESCoE Research Project 3.3 which has developed a statistical model to generate quicker estimates of regional economic growth.
- Regional nowcasting estimates 1970 Q2 – 2019 Q1: excel file
- Blog: Differences in economic growth across the UK remained substantial in the year to Q1 2019
- Regional nowcasting estimates 1970 Q2 – 2018 Q4: excel file
- Blog: Regional growth in 2018 – what happened?
- Regional nowcasting estimates 1970 Q2 – 2018 Q3: excel file
- Blog: More timely and more frequent regional growth estimates
- Press Release: 20 November 2018