Please note that this call is now closed.
The Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence (ESCoE) will hold its annual Conference, organised in partnership with the UK Office for National Statistics (ONS), at the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow 25-27 May 2022.
Sir Charles Bean (London School of Economics)
Chiara Criscuolo (OECD and London School of Economics)
Michael Pollitt (Judge Business School, University of Cambridge)
We invite submissions of papers on all aspects of the measurement and use of economic statistics. We are particularly interested in submissions related to the following areas:
- Measurement of Productivity, Capital, Prices, Output and the Labour Market
- Measurement of Innovation and the Digital Economy
- Analysis of Broad Welfare Concepts, Environmental Sustainability and Energy Markets
- Analysis of Inequality across Individuals, Neighbourhoods and Regions
- Analysis of the Economic Effects of COVID-19 and Policies related to the Pandemic
- Economic Statistics in Practice – aimed at the Producers of Statistics
We welcome contributions using new methods (such as machine learning) and new sources of data (such as web-scraped information).
To submit a full paper please click here (please note, we will accept abstract only submissions for area 6). We also welcome proposals for Special Sessions of up to three papers. Please click here to submit a proposal.
The deadline for all submissions is 16 January 2022. Decisions will be made soon after the deadline.
The Conference will be free to attend and will be held in person.
The Royal Economic Society (RES) are supporting the conference, and invite their members (especially PhD students) to apply to their Conference Grant Scheme for up to £500 travel expenses and / or accommodation expenses.
Scientific Committee Chairs:
Gary Koop (University of Strathclyde and ESCoE)
Bart Los (University of Groningen and ESCoE)
Sanjiv Mahajan (ONS)
Submissions will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and guest reviewers from ESCoE and ONS.
The programme from the 2021 ESCoE Conference on Economic Measurement can be found here.