The Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence (ESCoE) will hold its annual conference, organised in partnership with the UK Office for National Statistics (ONS), on 15-17 May 2024, at the Alliance Manchester Business School, Manchester.
- Rohini Pande, Yale University
- Chad Syverson, University of Chicago
- Catherine L Mann, Bank of England
Call for Papers
We invite submissions of papers on all aspects of the measurement and use of economic statistics. We welcome contributions using new methods (such as AI or machine learning) and new sources of data (e.g. high velocity data, web-scraped information or time use data).
Areas we are particularly interested in are:
- Inclusive Wealth Measures and Looking Beyond GDP
- National Accounts (Measurement Issues regarding Prices, International Trade, Foreign Direct Investment)
- Net-Zero, Climate Change and the Environment
- Subnational Statistics
- Productivity and Innovation
- Labour Markets, Households and Inequality
- Communicating Statistics
- Economic Measurement in Developing Countries
We also welcome proposals for Special Sessions. A Special Session typically includes a session with 3-4 presenters or panellists with a chair and possibly a discussant.
The deadline for all submissions is 23:59 GMT 15 January 2024. Decisions will be made soon after the deadline.
The conference will be free to attend and will be held in person.
Scientific Committee Chairs:
Mary O’Mahony (King’s College London and ESCoE)
Kevin Fox (UNSW Business School and ESCoE)
Osama Rahman (Data Science Campus, Office for National Statistics)
Submissions will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and guest reviewers from ESCoE and ONS.
The programme, slides and videos from the 2023 ESCoE Conference on Economic Measurement can be found here.